PTA News and Announcements
UPCOMING KEY DATES:
Logo Wear Order Deadline
Family Photo Day #2 8:00 am-6:00 pm
@ Westport Winslow Park from 8:00 am-6:00 pm (Rain date 9/30)
|10/1||Board of Education Meeting: 7:30pm|
|10/2||Runner's Club 7:45am|
|10/3||Cultural Arts Presentation - Colors of India |
|10/5||Spirit Day: Send your kids to school in CES gear or colors|
eneral PTA Meeting: 9am CES Library
|CES Art Smart Rep Mandatory Training: 2:00-3:00pm CES Libr|
|10/18||Rise and Read: 7:45-8:15am CES Library|
CES Halloween Party "SPOOKTACULAR" 6:30-8:30pm SAVE THE DATE!!
|10/25||School Picture Retake Day|
|11/9||CES Parent Book Club: 9:30am CES Library ORDER YOUR BOOKS|
|11/10||SpED Community Day: 2-4pm at CES|
DONATE TO THE FALL APPEAL
Until October 5th - deadline extended!
- This is our BIG Fundraiser for the year and how we provide our programs and events!
- The CES PTA is a non-profit organization so all donations are tax-deductible; save your receipts!
- As a 501(c)(3) we are also eligible for corporate matching programs. Contact our Parent Fundraiser Advisor, Kiersten Stein, at firstname.lastname@example.org, for any assistance needed.
- Our goal is 100% parent participation! A CES car magnet will be given for any donation amount. We are truly thankful for whatever you contribute!
- Donate $250 or more and receive an embroidered tote bag or duffle bag as a "thank you" from us!
JOIN THE CES PTA!
Membership Now Available
- By paying $30 for membership, you are joining the CES PTA which connects you to the town-wide, state and national PTA.
- It also connects you to the CES community through the online directory. This is a highly valuable resource for getting to know other families at CES.
- Membership allows you to volunteer at CES and be an active voting member at our meetings.
CLICK HERE to join! Questions about Membership or the Directory? Contact our membership chairs, Joanna Triscari and Tracy Malon.
NEW COLEYTOWN LOGO WEAR ON SALE
Fun, new styles available this year through ASF! Visit the ASF website and search "Coleytown Elementary" to see all the exciting choices. A few important notes:
- Orders will be ready for pick up at ASF on 10/22.
- There are two pages of inventory; don't forget to check out both pages.
- To check out samples, stop by the front office or the logo wear table at Back to School Night.
Questions? Please contact Suzan Jo or Lauren Costello.
BOE FINANCE AND FACILITIES COMMITTEE MEETING
September 27, 7:30am at Town Hall Rooms 307/309
The BOE Finance and Facilities Committee will be discussing next steps and timelines for Coleytown Middle School and Yale's proposal for CMS facilities work. The meeting will be broadcast on the Town Stations: Channel 79 (Cablevision) and Channel 6020 (Frontier). A recording of the meeting will be posted on the District website as soon as possible.
Tuesdays and Thursdays, 7:45 - 8:15am at the CES Front Playground
Join us as we kick off another season of Runners' Club! Read this letter for more information and be sure to bring a signed copy of this waiver.
PARENT BOOK CLUB
November 9 at 9:45am CES Library
This event is weeks away, but we wanted to give you ample time to order and read the book. Join us for a discussion faciliated by our principal on "Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child: The Heart of Parenting" by John Gottman. This book comes highly recommended by Yale's Center of Emotional Intelligence.
BOARD OF EDUCATION
October 1st at 7:30pm at the Staples High School Cafeteria
Stay informed about what is happening in our school district. This meeting can also be viewed live on channel 78 or via computer on the district’s website. Learn more about the Board of Education by clicking here.
GENERAL PTA MEETING
October 5th at 9:00am CES Library
Join us for our first PTA meeting! We will vote on the budget and the CES PTA updated bylaws. And our principal will introduce an exciting and important initiative in our district. More info to come! We are pleased to announce that we will be recording the presentation and making it available for those who cannot attend.
It is the obligation of CES PTA to update our bylaws every three to five years as required by the CT PTA. Click here for the updated bylaws which will be voted on at this meeting and go into effect post vote. Please note that you must be in attendance in order to vote. If you have any questions or comments, please email us at email@example.com.
ART SMART REP TRAINING
October 5th, 2:00 - 3:00pm CES Library
All Reps must attend the mandatory art smart meeting. It will be a great opportunity to get questions answered as well as meet other Art Smart reps. Guidelines and responsibilities will be reviewed. Thanks in advance for volunteering! Questions? Please contact Jamie Beyda or Allyson Gottlieb.
October 18th, at 9:30 - 11:00am Westport Arts Center
Read the attached flyer to learn more about this Art Smart Education Workshop.
SPED COMMUNITY FUN DAY!
November 10th, 2:00 - 4:00pm CES
Community Fun Day is a FREE event open to all students receiving Special Education services (and their families) from Stepping Stones Preschool and Westport Public Schools Grades K-8. Bring your family for an afternoon of SPORTS, GAMES, ARTS & CRAFTS, MUSIC, AND SNACKS. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org. And reach out the our CES SpED reps: Rebecca Martin or Sivan Hong with any questions.
INFORMATION ABOUT TOWN-WIDE SCHOOL GROUPS
The PTA Council of the Westport Public Schools is the umbrella organization under which Westport's PTAs operate. The following committees and groups exist at all of the Westport schools. Please click on the links below to learn more.
Health, Wellness & Positive Youth Development
Special Education (SpED)
WHAT'S HAPPENING AROUND TOWN
Please click here for information about fun family activities and events around Westport!