Events and Fundraising
2018 Fall Author Visit
Award-Winning Illustrator and Author of Children’s Books
We are excited to welcome Sophie Blackall! She has illustrated over 30 children’s books, including Finding Winnie (Caldecott Medal winner), Hello Lighthouse, Ruby’s Wish, and the Ivy and Bean series, which has over a million copies in print. Ms. Blackall has collaborated with many notable authors, including Judith Viorst, Jane Yolen and Jacqueline Woodson.
Ms. Blackall will meet with all students, delivering three age- specific presentations. She will talk about her creative process and also how she produces illustrations for global initiatives such as UNICEF and Save the Children.
Ms. Blackall will sign and personalize books. To purchase yours, please fill out the order form that went home in your child's backpack and return it to your child’s teacher by October 22nd. Please make checks payable to “CES PTA” or you can pay via PayPal using the button below. When paying with the PayPal option please input the total amount owed for all of the books you ordered. Books will be sent home the afternoon of November 8th. All purchases help fund the Author Visit Program.
Questions? Email Laura McCullough (Lsmccullough@gmail.com) or Katherine Beebe (email@example.com)
The CES PTA is a non-profit organization that serves to connect families, teachers and staff across the Coleytown community through programs, events and grants to enrich our children's experience at CES and support our school.
Enrich your child’s educational experience at CES by giving to the Fall Appeal. While any amount is greatly appreciated, a suggested donation of $50/child will fund the PTA budget and ensure delivery of our 2018-2019 programs, events and grants.
Contribution: ( )$50 ( )$100 ( )$150 ( )$250 ( ) Any Amount Appreciated!
As a thank you, all contributions will receive a CES CAR MAGNET.
Contributions of $250+ will also receive an embroidered CES TOTE BAG.
WHY SHOULD WE SUPPORT THE COLEYTOWN PTA?
- Because it makes our kids happy and adds to their Coleytown experience! What would life for our kids be like without the Spooktacular or Field Day?
- Because it provides parents easy access to school information and creates a strong voice advocating for our children within the Westport town government.
- Because it supports the “T” in PTA. We want to thank our teachers and staff for all the HARD work they put in every day.
WHAT ELSE IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW?
- We are a 501(c)(3) organization, and all donations are tax-deductible.
- Our PTA qualifies for corporate matching programs.
- The PTA is 100% a volunteer organization. 100% of the money raised will enrich the school and your child’s school experience.
- Funding for school enrichment programs and community building events are the biggest budgeted expenditures our PTA makes during a school year. This includes Visiting Authors, Cultural Arts Performances, Art Smart, Teacher Grants, School Beautification, and Showcase, to name a few.